Wednesday, June 5, 2013

#5

The weather is perking up.  We have had the sun shining for the past week and it has been incredible.  Definite darkening of skin color over here :)
I spent the weekend with Carla, we started our weekend with a bit of a shopping excursion in Caldes (pronounced Cahl-desh) for those of you who like the phonetic version of foreign words.  We didn't get home until midnight, and filled her couch with our bags.
It was a great feeling of accomplishment for sure.  Then we covered our faces with my Philosophy Oxygen Mask and watched a 'Rom-Com".  Of course.

Woke up the next day went for a walk on the beach and then plopped ourselves ever so elegantly on what we call here on the island; Onion Beach.  Do not ask me why its called that.  I have come up with a several theories, one being that since it is a private beach that only locals know about you have to "peel back" all the beaches where the tourists go and there will you find the ever so amazing Onion Beach.  That is the theory I'm going to go with because even Carla doesn't know why its called that.  Then we had lunch at the cafe on the island that everyone goes, and Jeff (one of our good friends) and his brother joined us for a little bit.  We tanned a little bit more by the pool and then decided we were hungry, from our weekend of detox, and ate a little something before performing our second mask of the weekend while watching Silver Lining's Playbook.
Ooh! I added another "first to my list this weekend.  I tried snails!  Yuck
I miss these two :( My best friend Julie's "un-birthday" was this weekend and it was killing me that I couldn't be there.
Its difficult to travel to a place where you don't know anyone, and where you are vulnerable. But I found that if you are content with yourself, nothing, no one, and no loop holes can mess you up.  I think thats life in general.  You never want to depend on someone or something to make you happy.  And when that self realization is established I truly believe we can accomplish anything.  Life is so great.  And sometimes, as I'm sure we have all done at some point or another, I just graze through my life, and it becomes a story of one day to the next.  Not a story about the extraordinary way I chose and choose to live my life.  So lets start.  Ok?  Lets start living, and doing, and changing, and loving.  Of course you gotta show some love :)



---
currently listening to 
::Brave::  Sara Bareilles

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with your outlook on life....How did you ever become so wise?!?! As i keep saying... i love your love for culture,people and life and the way you emerse and embrace yourself in any circumstance and opportunity!!!!

    ReplyDelete