Thursday, June 13, 2013

#6

Today my parents celebrate their TWENTY SIXTH wedding anniversary!  I always find any opportunity to tell people their story because I think it is so fascinating.  Today I was on a walk with Alice and Paulina and I was telling them that it was their anniversary and they asked how they met and when I told them their story they died.  They were appalled but at the same time fascinated with my parents love story.

I'm pretty lucky to call them mine.


Its crazy to think about.  I guess because I am so incredibly far away from marriage it is hard to think about or at this point fantasize about what a love like that looks like in my life.  It is crazy.  I have been spending a lot of time in prayer here.  And practicing the hard task of listening.  Which is and has proven to be really hard for me.  But I made it my mission while in Portugal to challenge myself and practice the discipline of listening.  It has been easier than I thought.  When you put your mind to something it is crazy what the outcome could be.  I have learned a lot from Him in my month here.  And although I know there is much more to be learned and practiced, it is the most time I have spent in His word in my entire life and it feels amazing. His love has been so so so evident in my time here and know I couldn't have managed without Him carrying me.  I know Him more now than I ever have and I truly believe that life experiences have the power and incredible ability to mold relationships, in this case my relationship with God, but it could be any relationship.  It causes feelings to be tested, and commitment to become evident.  He has shown me through grace and love that He is not going anywhere and I am safe in His arms.  

---

Finally the weather is good again here in Portugal.  My time here is winding down.  I have one more month here and have every intention of living it up completely until I leave.  I am super excited about going home though.  And be reunited with these crazy awesome people :)

Can't wait.  Especially this one....

and this one.

---
currently listening to 
::Anenome:: Brian Jonestown Massacre


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I am crying at this very moment...Stephanie, this has got to be the most beautiful piece I have ever read...The biggest most beautiful blessing in our marriage has truly been having you three girls in our lives. I always feel like the luckiest Mom and so thankful that God chose you to be mine!!!! You are missed every minute of every day and we will be waiting with arms wide open on July 11th!!! You are so incredibly thoughtful and reflective...I love that about you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete