Sunday, June 30, 2013

#7

Boy has it been a while.  Its been a crazy couple of weeks!  The weather is finally consistently amazing.  In May the good weather was on and off, but now we have 80-90 degree days every day :) Thank goodness.  The Surfcastle is filling up, and the beaches are full of colorful umbrellas.  I have continued my routine of morning exercise  stretching, a cup of coffee [or tea], then my shift at the surf shop, and then either yoga, or joining the waves for a surf.  The countdown to my departure is slowly creeping up on me, and I find myself not wanting to leave.  Of course I can't wait to see my family and friends.  Of course.  But I absolutely love my life here in this underrated country.  Every single moment is so great.  Like this morning on my run, some "studly" men picking up a game of tavloo after church.
yea...im going to miss this.
and I'm most definitely going to miss running into cuties like this on my morning walks.
 ...I decided surfing might be one of the hardest sports to learn.  It is SO difficult.  And now that the beaches are so crowded it makes it even more difficult.  It is a complete body work out for sure. But when I come back from a surf to a spontaneous unplugged jam session, it makes me forget about the pain in my triceps.

We were on TV here in Portugal!  This TV show that telecasts popular resorts and travel wanted to interview the Surfcastle.  We aired last night at 8:30pm.  It was really cool to see Joao and Ginjas on TV and to have the crew here all day.
One of our employees for the summer; Alice, left us last week, so we gave her a couple going away parties.  It was weird saying goodbye already.  I feel like we just met, and we were already saying goodbye.  

Friday night we went to Francisco's acting showcase.  

It was a hot sweaty stressful night :) Patricia and I decided we wanted to go shopping before so we ran around the mall for an hour, and then once we got into the City Center all the parking lots were completely full, and we got completely lost.  Then once we finally found parking, we "mapped" it and realized we were a kilometer away from the theater, so we ran as fast as we could so as not to be late and arrived at the theater completely drenched in sweat.  When we got into the theater we realized there was no air conditioning, but stumbled upon a small AC unit in the back of the theater that we parked ourselves in front of for a while.
This was post sweat sesh.  Checking to make sure we still looked presentable. 

I've eaten a lot of fish since I have arrived here.  I don't eat a whole lot of fish back in the states.  Or if it is its all the same fish.  Salmon, tilapia, shrimp... I have experimented with sea bass, halibut, mackerel ..broadening my horizons and my palette.  
I'm also going to definitely miss my wonderful Bosses.  Who have been amazing these past couple of months :)
We went out last night.  It was a beautiful night in Baleal.  
The line up:
Surfing.
Showering.
Putting on mascara [since that's all I wear here]
Dinner.
and...
Dancing.
of course :)

---
currently listening to
::You've Got The Love::  Florence + The Machine


2 comments:

  1. I love this post!!!I feel like I am right there with you..I wish :):) maybe one day soon and I can relive your amazing experiences and friends/family with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Steph.. I love reading your journey.. I will be so sad when they are over :( I cannot wait to see you and hear more! Sending you so much love

    ReplyDelete