Sunday, May 19, 2013

#3

Okay.  I have been here a little over a week now.  Its definitely a lifestyle I am getting used to, but sometimes I find myself feeling bad when I am outside tanning at 1 in the afternoon.  It is a mentality that needs to shift for me if I am going to embrace this time here.  I need to learn to be okay with relaxing and with spending hours in the sun doing nothing but hanging out with friends and bronzing my body.  It's just so weird.  And a complete 180 from what I was used to at home.  Now that I have been here a week and I have gotten used to the lay of the land, there are a couple of small changes I have already noticed I need to make.
--------
#1.  The bread here is delicious.  But bread=the devil.  So bread starting right now is cut out of my diet except for 1 day a week.  I will allow myself one bread day a week.  I have also learned that I need to start grocery shopping for myself, because I've learned that they don't really like salad in Portugal.

#2.  Yoga needs to happen every day.  No exceptions.

#3.  Tomorrow begins the journey of me learning how to surf.

#4.  I need to spend some more time in self reflection.

Its time to get life in order.  I need to face the fact that I can only be on vacation and free of all thoughts for so long, and then I need to give myself goals to achieve.  I only have so much time here.  Not only in Portugal but in life.  We all have such a short period of time on this planet.  We should start allowing our lives to reflect that.  Seriously. Im convinced we all need to do this. So come on.  Let's do it.


---
currently listening to 
::Midnight City::  M83


1 comment: