Wednesday, May 15, 2013

#2

Its been a few days; I know. I'm sorry.

I've been too busy falling in love...
     with Portugal.
and maybe a couple other things :)


These past few days have been pretty darn great though.  Friday night we opened the bar here at the Surfcastle, and I made a new best friend.  Carla is Ginges' girlfriend and we instantly connected.  We had SO much fun that night.
Then on Saturday we had Joao's birthday, where about 30 family and friends gathered despite the gusty winds of Baleal to celebrate the big 3-7.  The Porto verses Benfica game was on and Joao was very very excited.  It was a disappointment when they lost, but when a loss is followed by Octopus over rice, the Portugese seem to be okay with it.

After the game, and after dinner everyone started congregating in the bar where Carla and I were bartending.  We had music blasting and people drinking nonnnnnn stoppp.  Francisco and I had to go to a bar next door to the surf castle and buy more beer because we completely ran out.

 The day after was very relaxed.  Joao invited me to lunch with his family which was really nice.  
...and then Joao, his brother, sister in law and I went along the coast for a couple of hours checking out some new beaches.   

  .met some sweet fisherman.                                                                 .looked at this.

.and this.
Then we got back to the Surfcastle and went for a bike ride, and saw this beauty :)



















---
 currently listening to
  ::Stay:: Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko

xx.

2 comments:

  1. i want to come visit! missing you oh so much right now. give Joao a big hug for me! love being able to live vicariously through you. :) love you boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Julie!!!! I love seeing you fulfill your dreams!!!! A chapter in your journey you will never forget!

    ReplyDelete